Monday, February 23, 2009

Reading Innes In Venice

Jane sent a link to my Daily Photo Blog image of the "Three Graces" to Charlotte who now lives in America. In return Charlotte sent me an e-mail with news of her forthcoming book of poetry which is to be published by Finishing Line Press in May. I have already ordered my copy and I will return to the subject when it arrives in a couple of months. But if you would like to order your copy in advance of publication you can do so at the Finishing Line Press website. The title of the book comes from one of Charlotte's poems which she dedicates as follows:
"For my grandfather, Bernhard Einzig (1874-1945), who died in a German concentration camp at Theresienstadt. His books, a three-volume set of the 1902 edition of The Stones of Venice by John Ruskin, are my only tangible inheritance".
With luck, the book will arrive just before we set sail for Venice. I can think of no better place to read the poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...