Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Picture Of The Day : A Nice Cup Of Tea

Every so often I need to cull the contents of my filing cabinet to ensure that there is enough space to stuff the latest bank statement or electricity bill. During this morning's cull I found, lodged between two hanging files, the above share certificate for the National Tea Co. I am not sure where this came from, I can't remember buying it nor have I ever heard of the Mrs Emma Krumdieck who seemingly bought the shares in July 1925. Just as I was getting excited and planning a long-overdue spending spree I discovered two things. First the words "canceled" are stenciled all over it (it's an American spelling I assume). And secondly, similar certificates are available to buy on eBay for a few pounds. Nevertheless, it is a handsome object and I might still go on a spending spree - to but a small picture frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...