Monday, April 20, 2009

Picture Of The Day : The Page Boy

I have not heard from my brother Roger for some time now. I know he occasionally checks out this blog (the Feedjit Live Traffic Feed is a wonderful thing) so in order to tempt him out of the woodwork, here is a picture of him. It was taken in April 1948 when he would be five and I was yet to emerge into the world. The event was the wedding of our Uncle John and Auntie Doris. Roger was the Page Boy. The photograph was contained in a wonderful album put together by the noted Uncle Frank and forms part of a sequence which has carefully crafted comments added in coloured crayons on the sugar-paper pages. Roger has swapped the soot-encrusted back streets of Bradford for the sub-tropical delights of the island of Dominica. So, if you are looking at the image above and recognise yourself, drop me an e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lot Of Gas And Some Empty Chairs

  You can decide which jet of nostalgia is turned on by this advert which I found in my copy of the 1931 Souvenir Book of the Historical Pag...