Sunday, July 05, 2009

Love In Six Months For The Clayton Girls

I never cease to be amazed by the ability of Google AdSense to find the most extraordinary links based on the content of blog postings. The other day I posted a piece about my mother's three Clayton cousins who were born at the close of the nineteenth century and lived all their lives as spinsters in a little terraced house in Clayton, near Bradford. Within 24 hours the Ad on the blog had changed to "Girls In Bradford : Thousands Of Singles In Bradford. Love In 6 Months, Or 6 Months Free!" What would Cousins Ada, Clara and Ellen made of it all? I like to think that they might just have clicked on the link.

2 comments:

  1. It doesnt stop there! Sometimes I will Blog a post & then I get several emails that are trying to sell me items related to the topic..........Big Brother is watching Us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose we should just be pleased that we are still worth watching.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...