Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Twitter For Gentlefolk : Postcard From Cleveland

Twitter For Gentlefolks (or Gentle Twitter) seems to have well and truly taken off and I keep seeing postcards sent between bloggers appearing on many of the blogs I regularly follow. It has reached a stage now where it has become too complex to maintain a list of links to all the TfG posts, but I will be maintaining my own weekly feature which focuses on the postcards that fall through my letterbox. This week it was a postcard from Cleveland Ohio, sent by my good friend Mouse (aka Kimy). My thanks to the Mouse, and to all those other people participating in this most enjoyable project.



I must confess that I had to get the big atlas out and look up exactly where Cleveland and "the north coast" were. Sadly my fleeting (and floating) visit to the States next month is limited to a handful of cities on the east coast, but that trip will be just a "taster" for a longer journey during which I intent to explore the States in full. And high on my list for that exploration will be Cleveland.

10 comments:

  1. Shame on you neding an atlas! It's in the North Riding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gentle 'tweeting' is a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whilst you are on your travels on the East Coast, the Atlantic provinces (Canada) is lovely to look at too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun! Kim is a sweetheart. Maybe some year we can all fly to Yorkshire. You could be our tourguide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice card
    That fell into your yard
    ummm I mean slot
    It is catching on a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card. I had a post card from E in Florida today and have sent her some hand painted ones too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the chance to have a visit with Kimy last year on my cross-country road trip--if you're coming for a longish exploration of the States, do see Cleveland & do spend time with Kimy! I'd love to have her show me around Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should send you a card! I live in Philly which is on the East Coast! Love the Twitter for Gentlefolk. It's so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like betsy's idea!

    next month you'll be stateside! i do have to get your itinerary. all be back in metro dc for several days in june, that would be perfect if we were around the same time. i went to a dc brew pub (capitol city brewing co near union station) and thought of you while i was there sipping my pint of pale rider ale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These "Gentle Twitter" posts are always fun to read about, but I had wondered when everyone else's participation would prove to be overwhelming to catalog.

    I'm also wondering if your "visit to the States next month" will bring you to, or near, Massachusetts?

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...