Thursday, March 17, 2016

Perspectives From A Railway Carriage


I went to Bradford today and for reasons too boring to mention I came back on the train rather than the bus. I have been travelling to and from Bradford most of my life but it has usually been by bus or car and - whilst I am familiar with every hill and every valley, every mill and every terraced house - it was strange, indeed fascinating, seeing things from a new perspective. I took this photograph out of the carriage window as the train was leaving Halifax Station. From whichever perspective it is West Yorkshire, from whichever perspective it is home.

2 comments:

  1. Yorkshire is not my home but it is where I was born. It is fun seeing familiar things from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would give a new whole set of views rather than being on the road. It was a good shot that you caught.

    ReplyDelete

11 March 2024 : Paper Hanging

  Some people read the paper, some try and understand the meaning of life, George II and Elvis Presley both died there .... and photographer...